Wednesday, June 30, 2010

updates

back from a three month hiatus..
briefly-
March till May was all about exams preparation and of course, the final exam of my boring university life.
Still not too sure about how I fare, a bit of confidence yet lingers some insecurities. But all that is past now and what's important is the future. I am currently looking for some form of overseas internship opportunity in either banking and finance service, marketing and business or advertising. Either that or I'll be doing some form of photography, probably as an assistant for some pros. not looking to jump right into a fixed nine to five job yet, as I'll not be able to get anything good out of it. Am fighting the constant battle of money vs passion. Whether I should be doing a job that I like or a job that is good in everyone's eyes. Two old folks to be taken care of here, can't be selfish, yet the urge to be in the creative business is so tempting. The freedom to pursue one's dreams and passion is something so simple, yet so complicated.

No one knows what I want, only I know.
Yet it's just so hard to make a decision. I know I just need to make that decision and I'll stick to it through the end, that ever so difficult first step. (千里之行,始于足下)

Maybe a few years out alone will hone my decision making.

Just came back from South Korea earlier this month. Was a good trip, not fantastic, but certainly one to remember for years to come. A snippet of my trip will follow later. Miss the kimchi, miss the weather, miss the minbak, miss the driving in jeju-do, miss the beautiful legs, miss being on a relaxing trip. Will be looking to go back South Korea in the other seasons and also more trips in future. Realised that I really love travelling, not just because we can go out and have fun, but more of being able to see new/different things/places and experience things that I never did in the past. Really enjoy the experience and I'll follow up with the places that I've decided to visit before I die.
And this is one other reason I cannot just do what I want. I need to plan, need to save up for these trips. If I were to become a photographer, will the income be able to cover all these things I've in mind?

No comments: